Chemiton® compounds based on TPO (thermoplastic polyolefin elastomer) are particularly suitable for food contact, fatty and oily food. The available grades for food contact, indeed, show a better resistance to oil, fat and hydrocarbon in comparison to traditional compounds based on HSBC.
They are odor free and have a glossy surface with a good level of transparency, therefore they are easy to personalize with all color grades desired.
From the technical point of view they have to be distinguished for the low density, the lack of halogens, the excellent electrical insulation and the brilliant elastic performance at low temperatures.
Chemiton® compounds based on TPE-O are available from hardness 85 Shore A for both injection moulding and extrusion. Like all our materials, they are 100% recyclable and are compliant with the REACH and ROHS standards.
- Unfilled compound based on mixtures of saturated styrenic block-copolymers (HSBC) and TPOs
- Wide service temperature range, good impact resistance at low temperature
- Nice glossy surface finishing
- Easy to be coloured
- Weather, UV and ozone resistant
- Hardness: from 85 Shore A to 60 Shore D
- Density: from 0,88 to 0,89 g/cm³
- Available in a wide range of versions (i.e. extra UV protection, special stabilizations, etc…) to meet all the customer’s needs
- Medical applications and personal care
- Design and fashion elements
- Sports (winter and general outdoor sport applications)
- Furniture elements
- Household articles (also food contact)
- Electrical devices
- Injection moulding, adhesion to polyolefinic polymers
- Compliant with 10/2011/CE, 1907/2006/CE, 2002/72/CE, 76/769/CE, ROHS, RAEE, WEEE, ELV, EN71/3